Pregnancy is the time when you cannot ignore the amount of nutrition in your food. You will be amazed to know that only half the pregnant women eat the right amount of fresh fruits required for a healthy pregnancy. Moreover, a nutritious diet plays an essential role in a person’s overall health, helping the body to function effectively and reducing the risk of some diseases. So, people are switching to organic food stores in Delhi to get their favourite notorious exotic food.
Let’s know what you should exactly eat and get into little deeper:
We all know that a healthful diet should include plenty of fruits and vegetables. And as you or your loved one become pregnant, you are coaxed to eat more food. Here you need to understand that a mother-to-be should not start “eat for two” but “nutritious for two”. So instead of overeating, include a balanced diet to meet the additional requirement of nutrients for you and the growing baby.
If you don’t consume the requisite amount of vegetables and fruits, your body will not be able to fulfil the nutritional requirement for the baby. Let’s look at the significance of fruits during pregnancy. We will also learn why it is important to eat fruit during pregnancy.
Benefits of eating fruit during pregnancy:
As already discussed, eating a healthy diet is particularly important during pregnancy as the right nutrients can help the fetus to develop and grow as it should.
In addition to supporting the growing baby, an increased intake of vitamins and minerals can help a pregnant woman keep her own body in the best condition possible.
- Vitamin C helps repair body tissues, heals wounds and cuts, maintains the health of teeth and gums, and is essential for strong immunity.
- Potassium helps in maintaining blood pressure.
- Dietary fiber promotes digestion, reduces cholesterol levels, lowers the risk of heart illnesses, and prevents constipation and the formation of hemorrhoids.
- Folate helps in forming red blood cells and reduces the risk of spina bifida, neural tube defects, and anencephaly in babies.
- Calcium contributes to the development of bones and teeth in babies.
- The high level of antioxidants in fruits help maintain the immunity and blood circulation throughout the body.
Top Fruits You Should Eat During Pregnancy
When you buy fruits from organic food stores in Delhi, checkout these should be a must in your list:
- Pear: Pear if full of fiber, potassium, and folate. Getting plenty of fiber in a pregnancy diet can help ease constipation, a common pregnancy symptom. Potassium can benefit heart health for both the woman and baby. It also stimulates cell regeneration.
- Avocados: Avocados are an excellent source of vitamins C, E, and K, monosaturated fatty acid, fiber, B Vitamins, Potassium, and Copper. It contains healthy fats that provide energy and help to prevent neural tube defects. They also boost the cells responsible for building the skin and brain tissues of the developing baby. The potassium in avocados can provide relief from leg cramps, another symptom that is common during pregnancy, particularly in the third trimester.
- Berries: Berries are a good source of vitamin C, healthy carbohydrates, antioxidants, and fiber. It also contain lots of water, so they are an excellent source of hydration. Vitamin C helps with iron absorption and boosts the body’s immune system.
- Apple: Apples are packed with nutrients to help a growing fetus including vitamins A and, fiber, and Potassium. One study found that eating apples while pregnant may reduce the likelihood of the baby developing asthma and allergies over time.
- Kiwi: Kiwi is loaded with nutrients such as Vitamin C, E, A, potassium, phosphorus, magnesium, folic acid and dietary fibre. They strengthen our respiratory system. It also protect you from cold and cough. They reduce the risk of blood clotting, as they have a high phosphorus content and help absorb iron.
Therefore, you should always include these fruits in your diet. We also ask you to get your pregnancy diet after consulting your doctor in case you are allergic to something. If you are searching the best organic food stores in Delhi, switch to Digi’s Fresh.
We are very popular in the list of top organic food stores in Delhi. Checkout us to get your favourite products.