Blood pressure is the most common health problem nowadays. Also known as hypertension, high blood pressure affects 1 in 3 adults. However, by changing your diet or including certain food in your everyday diet, you can maintain your bp level at a great extent along with lowering the risk of associated diseases like heart disease, stroke, and kidney disease. If you are wondering to know those exotic food in Delhi that will help, so here is some options:
Top foods that will lower your blood pressure:
Get these options of exotic food in Delhi while ordering your grocery and stay fit.
- Berries: Did you know that blueberries and strawberries help you reduce your chances of hypertension. They contain an antioxidant compound called anthocyanins, a type of flavonoid. Enjoy berries as a snack or sweet treat after meals or add them to smoothies and oatmeal.
- Kiwis: A daily serving of kiwi can reduce blood pressure in people with mildly elevated levels. They found that eating three kiwis a day for 8 weeks resulted in a more significant reduction in both systolic and diastolic blood pressure, compared with eating one apple a day for the same period.
- Leafy Vegetables: Leafy green vegetables are rich in nitrates, which help to manage blood pressure. Examples of leafy greens include:
To consume a daily dose of green vegetables, stir spinach into curries and stews, sauté Swiss chard with garlic for a tasty side dish, or bake a batch of kale chips.
- Exotic Leaf Tea: Include leaf tea in your daily diet to manage your blood pressure level. They have antioxidant properties and great nutrients that reduce the risk of many diseases along with maintaining your blood pressure level. Some options that you can try are:
- Silver Lining
- Orange Pokeo
Just one cup of any flavor will make your day. Replace them with your regular milk tea or coffee.
5. Pineapple: Pineapple is a fruit that has lowest sodium content. A cup of pineapple juice has about 1 mg sodium and 195 mg potassium. That’s why nutritionists suggest pineapple juice for people with hypertension.
So, what are your views about it do you follow a specific diet as recommended by a doctor to manage your blood pressure. Share with us and we will show it with our readers. If you are finding exotic food in Delhi, please contact us at Digi’s Fresh.