The Jumbo Prawns are found in local waters. You will be amazed to know that they are considered the largest prawn in the world. It can grow up to 33cm and can be easily distinguished by the light and dark stripes on its tail. So, if you are planning to order exotic seafood online, include Jumbo prawn in your list to enjoy the delicacy of this distinctive species.
Wild caught Jumbo Prawns are prized by connoisseurs while the farmed ones are generally shunned. Generally, wild prawns came in variety of colours that can range from greenish-black to rusty brown. The farmed ones are usually uniform in size and bluish-grey in colour.
The Jumbo Tiger Prawn is very meaty and flavourful. They are excellent for deep-frying, BBQ or even for impressing your guests!
Mostly farmed prawns are sold live at seafood restaurant as they may smell off it if they are not fresh. When cooked live, the meat is sweet but it lacks of in-depth flavour and it turns an appealing bright orange and marked with white strips. The colour of the farmed Tiger Prawns are usually more intense than those caught in the wild.
Why you should eat them?
They are full of nutrients and work great to satiate your taste buds. Let’s explore other reasons too.
- Abundant Nutrients: Prawns have a healthy macronutrient profile. They’re high in protein, low in carbohydrates and contain very little fat. For example, a 3-ounce serving has about 17 grams of protein and less than 1 gram of both carbohydrates and fat.
- Essential Minerals: Prawns contain an abundance of magnesium, potassium, phosphorus, calcium and copper.
- Essential Vitamins: Prawns are a great source of vitamins A, D and E as well as vitamins B1, B2 and B3.
- Fatty Acid: Prawns also offer an excellent source of polyunsaturated fatty acids. These fats include the omega-3 fatty acids known to lower your heart attack risk.
- Cholesterol: Prawns offer a number of health benefits but also contain a high amount of cholesterol, nearly 200 milligrams in a 3-ounce serving.
So what are you thinking for? Order exotic seafood online and include Jumbo Prawn in your buying list. Now you can enjoy preservative and chemical-free meat products with same day delivery options at Digi’s Fresh.
We are committed to our quality and freshness as we don’t supply food from outside. We offer only self-produced option. Order Now!
For any queries, feedback or complain, please write us at firstname.lastname@example.org.